X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunar to replace Konqueror

Hi there.
    I have recently installed Thunar because it's a bit more lightweight than Konqueror (it's safe to say my laptop is quite old ). Yet, when I double-click any map, it still opens with Konqueror of course (same when mounting usbdrives). Does anyone know how to set Thunar as my "standard" file manager?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Thunar to replace Konqueror

I'm not sure what you mean by "map". (Is this an image file, such as a jpeg of a map?)

I think what you're looking for is in kcontrol.

Press ALT-F2 and type kcontrol into the text box, and hit Run. Look under KDE Components, and then FIle Associations and Default Applications to change what opens with what. ("media" under File Associations allows you to change which file manager opens different devices...eg, digital cameras, CDs, Zip disks)

I can't find a setting to change the default file manager system-wide, though.

Comment

By map, I mean the directories, the folders. I'm not a native English speaker, so I may have used the wrong word. For example on my desktop there are a couple of folders, directories. So I was wondering how i could browse these maps using Thunar as standard application instead of Konqueror. Anyhow, your comments brought my some ideas where to look for it, and I found it, so thanks.

Comment

you might want to try dolphin in place of thunar.
        gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

What are Dolphin's advantages over Thunar?

Comment

don't know if it has any advantages.
            dolphin is/should/will be kde's file manager, though.
            gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Not sure if this will work but worth a try anyway:
              Right-click on a folder, 'open with...', select thunar from the list of apps, tick box for 'remember application association for this type of file'.

Comment

It was indeed close to that. Had to move my 'Thunar' preference one place up, so I switched places with Konqueror.
                I'll try Dolphin asap.

Comment

Dolphin's cool, but Konqueror still has features that I want that aren't in Dolphin. (Mainly, Konqueror's Info List View, that lets you sort music files by their tags: artist, album, etc.)

A great file manager that I've discovered and now can't live without:
                  Krusader
                  http://krusader.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Working...
                  X