This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiftfox make menus - font size smaller

I installed the MSCOREFONTS and all my menus have resized properly as I selected the Arial Font.
    I downloaded Swiftfox, but the menus have not resized.

Do you know the workaround for this?

Many Thanks

Re: Swiftfox make menus - font size smaller

I'm confused. I went to the Firefox Addons page and I could not find an extension named Swiftfox. I also checked in Synaptic for a package named Swiftfox. Again, I was unsuccessful. Where did you find it? Are you perhaps referring to Fasterfox?

Comment

@asklerger: swiftfox is not an extension. is an optimized version of firefox. try to google it, and give it a try.
      @ade: i remembering having the same problem with it when i used on ubuntu... i haven't tried on kubuntu yet. And sadly i didn't found a workaround, as i remember changing the fonts in swiftfox preferences did nothing. it always used the same fonts with the same size. still it was faster at browsing.

Comment

Ah ha! the first item in the Google/Linux search was a blog entry by an Ubuntu user. Apparently Swiftfox is a version of Firefox that appears to have modified for faster loading. The blog entry describes the setup for Gnome. However, a comment to the blog entry points out that it is CLOSED SOURCE. The second Google/Linux entry is entitled "Swiftfox--Perversion Of Open Source?", a dialog at "Digg.com.

Personally, I find that the slowest part of web surfing on my system is the time it takes to look up IP addresses at my ISP's DNS server. Accordingly, I signed up for OpenDNS and now I'm a happy camper without adding any more propriety s/w to my system.

Comment

Working...
        X