• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i get Beryl

can any1 tell were can i get beryl for my kubuntu please

Re: How can i get Beryl

Originally posted by kgr6ryder
    can any1 tell were can i get beryl for my kubuntu please
    I think it is in the repositories of 7.04. (I don't recall adding extra repositories)
    Try:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install beryl emerald-themes
    If that doesn't help, explore the website of beryl. They have some kind of third party repository there.
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Gediminas is correct. In Adept Package Manager, you need to mark "Beryl" and "Beryl Manager" for installation - just those two packages. After you have installed, open a console and type "beryl-manager" (or maybe it is a "sudo beryl-manager"), and it will scan your system and report on any problems with your graphic driver and xorg.conf file, which you can use to trouble shoot. It is looking for glx extensions and compositing, so if it finds you don't have those, it will yell at you.

Comment

Wine+ Beryl runs S.T.A.L.K.E.R. !

One more crazy thing. This might be off-topic, but

After writing this post, I tested if what I wrote was correct. Installed beryl-manger.
        Played with beryl a little, then changed window manager back to kwin.

And what happened, made me think I was dreaming... I opened my games folder, where I have installed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with a hope of ever running it in Linux. so I opened it... With wine... AND IT WORKS!
        I restarted X server (ctrl+alt+backspace) to see if I could replicate that condition to run this game...
        Tried opening with wine normally. Nothing.
        Started beryl-manager.
        Switched to kwin
        and ran STALKER...
        It works... I took some screenshots to prove I was not dreaming...

Now can anyone explain what happened.

P.S. There was no sound, but that's not a problem now.

P.P.S. It's 22:24 now, so I might be dreaming... Please tell me that I'm not
        Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Drunk again .....

Good for you -- take the happy mystery!

Comment

Thanks guys, i will try it and let u no what happen

Comment

Working...
            X