X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept error fixed!

Hi,
    When trying to open adept it gives me an error message that says an adept, apt-get, or aptitude application is currently running. It then opens adept but gives me read only privileges. I opened the terminal and entered sudo killall kio_file
    It has worked before but not now. Also I recently installed automatix2. I used it to install sun-java6-jre. It would not install and got hung up.I get this error in synaptic "you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem" I don't know how to do this. I've typed it in the terminal and then have no clue.

Thank you,

Penryn

I'm running edgy.

Re: Adept error

G'day, penryn

Just open your terminal and type

sudo dpkg --configure -a

it will ask for your password

Do that and all should be sweeeeet.

Lowey
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Re: Adept error

Hi Lowey,
      You are so super. It worked I was looking for a lot harder fix. lol! I'm still having some problems with my java plug-in which created this problem in the first place. But I am going to fix it.

Thank you so much!!

Penryn

Comment

Re: Adept error fixed!

Ah, I had a similar problem with installing teh java runtime environment. the problem is thet the installation requires a confirmation,a nd this is difficult to provide under adept.

search for it in adept, and then type

Code:
         Sudo apt-get install <package name you get in teh search>
        that way you can see the confirmation request and answer

to explain further, the request can be seen in the "show details" on adept, however it is not interactive, so a simple terminal apt-get solves this.

f1rem0th.

Comment

Working...
        X