This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing port with fish:// in konquerer

So I sets me up a nice little LAMP server on a spare box. I get it so that I can view the files through konqueror using its kick-fanny functionality e.g. "fish://local-server". Then I read I should change the OpenSSH port to something other than 22. So, I do, and I can ssh into it from command line, but konqueror no longer gets there. Lets say the new port number was 123456; I tried "fish://local-server:123456" but nothing. I figure I've got the syntax down wrong. How do I get konqueror to use my desired port? I take it putting a colon at the end followed by the new port number isn't it.
    TIA!

Re: changing port with fish:// in konquerer

To access my other PC I type fish://kubuntu@192.168.0.2
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Re: changing port with fish:// in konquerer

That would have worked for me too, before I changed the port my ssh server is open to.
      BTW - in my hosts file (/etc/hosts) I have local-server assigned to the local server's ip address, hence why I didn't have to put in the actual ip in konqueror and could just use "local-server". Also, you can skip adding the username & @ sign before the ip if the user name on the pc you are logging from is the same as the user name on the server pc you are logging into. Just like when ssh'ing via command line.

So, unfortunately, what I need is the syntax to make sure fish:// in konqueror is using the right port, not the default port of 22. Does that clarify my problem a bit better?

TIA

Comment

Working...
      X