This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting The Internet

I was wondering what I would have to do to get wireless Internet for Kubuntu. I have a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop. With a copyrighted 1994-2005 version of Kubuntu. Can anyone help?

Re: Getting The Internet

The first thing to do is to upgrade to a newer version of Kubuntu. Wireless support has always been a problem in Linux, but it is getting better as a function of time, so you should see an improvement with a newer version of Kubuntu than 2005. I would suggest that you download and burn (in windoze, of course) the Desktop CD. Then follow these instructions. Be sure to FOLLOW THE LINKS for anything that you're unsure about. Please, please, please check the md5 sums by following these instructions! You won't regret it.

You should find that the current release (Feisty Fawn) is much better than the version you have now (probably Breezy Badger). If you're extremely lucky, you're wireless will start right up. If not, please come back here with a specific question describing exactly what went wrong including any error messages that you see.

Comment

Working...
    X