X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Synaptic?

Where is Synaptic?

Re: Where is Synaptic?

Synaptic isn't installed with kubuntu. You can install synaptic with adept or with apt-get.

Comment

In case someone comes accross this like I did. Synapsis is a add/remove program tool like adept. I am a n00b and highly reccomend it over adept.

Comment

Originally posted by corndog
        am a n00b and highly reccomend it over adept.
        No matter you are a n00b or a professional, it's totally depend on your way of thinking. guess what if someone start learning kubuntu with adept, he will find that adept is much more easier than synaptic.

In my opinion, both adept and synaptic are good programs. both have some good and bad things. However I can't tell you what to use, as I never use any. I always use apt-get from console.
        cheers!
        -=|From the desk of|=-
        «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
        «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
        «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
        Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Originally posted by whoiam55
          Originally posted by corndog
          am a n00b and highly reccomend it over adept.
          if someone start learning kubuntu with adept, he will find that adept is much more easier than synaptic.
          That's me. I can't seem to use synaptic because it's so different than adept, I'm used to just open > filter for whatever (or use those quick filters for office, games, internet etc..) click the > button, install, review and commit changes. But when I need something specific (let's say I need to install firefox), I just use the terminal because it's much quicker.
          <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Working...
          X