This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

Ok, my problem is every time I install linux and i get the login screen and I log in the screen flashes and goes back to the login. Is there a problem with the installation? And how could i correct it? Thanks in advance and I hope you can help. (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

- Zynyster

Re: I need help

Which Kubuntu are you using (i.e. 6.10, 7.04, etc etc)? Is it a command line login or is it the graphical one? If you are using Feisty I believe I know what the issue is because I had a similar one when installing 7.04 last night (it was with the command line login). I'll keep a lookout for your reply.

Comment

Its version 6.10, I have tried the command line login and the graphical one. When I try the command line it wont allow me to put in a password, when I try the graphical one it lets me login, but the screen reverts back to the login screen.

Comment

i also had this problem, im my case i was curious about the services which were running and i disabled one that i better left running...

Comment

Well, zyn, it doesn't look like it's the problem that I was thinking of, but I'll definitely try and give you a helping hand so you're not alone in this. Is there any output after you put in the username for command line login?

Comment

it says login failed and thats it and then the login thing pops up again, could the fact it installs in low memory mode be affecting me?

Comment

noone has a possible solution to my problem?

Comment

Hi,

Is it working if you're logging to console mode ?
                On login screen, press Ctrl+Alt+F1, enter your login, password.
                If it's ok, then type in :
                sudo /etc/init.d/kdm stop
                If you get out of your console, come back by Ctrl+Alt+F1
                Then type in :
                startkde

If you get some errors, please post them here.

Comment

thnx but the problem is fixed

i changed the computer i was installing it on and the non low memory mode install worked

Comment

now i need to know how to change the name oem to something else

Comment

my 2 cents

i believe its not possible to change oem account .. its meant for manufactures.. you can create new account .. and after you set everything up on comp .. and delete the oem account useing

Code:
                      sudo oem-config-prepare
                      in terminal

Comment

thank you ive been working with computers a long time and i just got linux because i really hate how much windows charges for a glorified windows 95

Comment

Originally posted by zynyster
                          now i need to know how to change the name oem to something else
                          What are you speaking of when you say 'change the name oem to something else'? If you are referring to the @[name] that is part of the Konsole prompt you see, that is changeable. Please clarify.
                          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                          X