This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigating Linux filesystem?

I'm three days into my first Kubuntu install. So far I really like it.

Question #1: I have two drives, the first with WinXP's C:/ partition, the second drive with Linux, and there are three FAT32 partitions with my data. I mounted the FAT and NTFS partitions and can access them from in Konqueror by clicking "Storage Media" on the Introduction screen. But I can't figure out how to access the files from the file selectors in programs. I've been using Cream for Vim as editor (with Gnome file picker) and can't figure out how to access any files outside of the Linux root partition. I tried XEmacs, the filepicker was even more confusing. Kate could, but Kate uses the KDE fileselector which has "Storage Media" over to the side.

Question #2: How do I copy over files from one partition to another in Konqueror? In windows there is a sidebar to the left and you can drag files back and forth, but the Konqueror Intro screen just shows "Home Folder" and "Storage Media" separate with no apparent way to move stuff between them. Is there a way to open up a sidebar directory like you can in Windows Explorer?

Question #3: Is there a beginner's primer to the Linux filesystem for newbies?

Thank you for your help!

Books

Re: Navigating Linux filesystem?

Neowin.net has one (their new version is coming soon!!!): http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=260796
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Re: Navigating Linux filesystem?

Originally posted by Nirvana
      Neowin.net has one (their new version is coming soon!!!): http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=260796
      Nirvana, you are my favorite person for the day! Thank you!!!

Books

Comment

Working...
      X