/home/fleamailman/my plugins

here are my downloads

flash-plugin-9.0.31.0-release.i386.rpm

install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz

or am I complately off trace, and should I be downloading something else
    every day is a gift

Re: please tie my shoelaces, java plugins, on feisty

Navigate? Can you clarify that?

The flash-plugin-9.0.31.0-release.i386.rpm is not a Debian based package (which Ubuntu/Kubuntu et al) is based on. The .rpm indicates this is a Red Hat Linux package. It can not be installed directly. It can be converted to a Debian based package for installation, but I can't tell you the specifics. You can search the Forum though, as I've seen posts dealing with this issue.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks for the feedback, the background is that I couldn't get youtube streams to play and I was linked instead to the java download site for linux, but on that page there are two downloadables so not knowing what was right I just got both, and then could not figure why what they suggest on the didn't work, my post then.

Now, I have the java OK, but not by installing either of the packs mentioned, just I installed firefox and firefox java with adapt.

eitherway, thanks for the reply and telling me about rpm being redhat
      every day is a gift

Comment

It is best to always install packages using you Adept package manager or apt-get or aptitude if the package is available from the repositories. In this case the package you are looking for is named flashplugin-nonfree. If you have all of your repositories active and update the listings you should be able to find it in the Adept GUI with a search. Or enter at the CLI:
        sudo aptitude update

Then:

sudo aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree

Comment

Working...
        X