X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autostart superkaramba?

Hi

Are there any "Session Manager" in KDE as in GNOME. I want to start superkaramba on each loggin - is this possible?

Thanks

Re: Autostart superkaramba?

Yes, in system Settings there is , in the Advanced section

Comment

Not under the Session Manager or Login Manager, well as I can see...

Comment

You basically set up what you want, and make sure your session settings in the session manager is set to save last session, or manual saved session:
        http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdeuti...html#id2546132

there is no official autostart config just yet, though there is a package that adds one to kcontrol called kcontrol-autostart, but you have to run kcontrol from the Run menu to get to it

Comment

Thank you for your help

I did find this guide: http://docs.kde.org/development/en/k...html#id2560261

Hmm, are the Superkaramba a stable/active project? Mine have crashed sometimes now.

Comment

superkaramba itself seems stable, but often it is the individual theme that can be buggy

Comment

The problem is that one of the individual theme crashed, and the result was that all my 4 other themes got removed(automatically). When I open the Superkaramab dialog all those 4 are listed as installed, but they can not be found or uninstalled as before. So now I don't know what to do – I cant get them to enter the desktop.
              Have tried to uninstall Superkaramba and then install it again; but when I do that those 4 themes are listed as installed?

Any tips on how I can make them turn up again?

Edit; I tried to run sudo aptitude remove superkaramaba then sudo aptitude purge superkaramba But when I install it again all those 4 themes are listed as installed

Take a look at the screenshots, as you can se there is only one that I can uninstall even though several(5) are in fact installed.

Attached Files

Comment

Try removing (rename if you don't wish to delete outright) the ~/.superkaramba folder (it's in your home directory)...user specific config folders/files aren't removed if you remove/purge an application.

Comment

Hi and thanks for helping me here.

I did the same with sudo aptitude remove superkaramaba then sudo aptitude purge superkaramba. After that I deleted the hidden folder named superkaramba in my home folder. Then I tried again to se, with aptitude install superkaramba but the 4 themes where marked installed as before.

Comment

This is just a bump

Comment

Working...
                    X