This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie - anyone running libronix?

I've only recently started playing with Kubuntu 7.04 (and indeed Linux in general) and I'm very much impressed. I can do pretty much everything I need to do in Kubuntu that I did in XP with one notable exception - run Libronix (there are other things but they're not 'deal-breakers').

I've installed Wine and IE6 and they seem to work, but I just can't seem to get Libronix to fire up at all.

I use it quite a lot, so it's making my migration to Kubuntu somewhat questionable at the moment.

If anyone has been able to get Libronix running, I'd really appreciate a blow-by-blow account of how to go about it. I did find stuff via Google, but it all seemed a little out of date and was primarily aimed at Libronix 2.1 - I really need 3.0 running.

Thanks,
    John

Re: newbie - anyone running libronix?

If that is a Windoze program, you SHOULD try CodeWeavers' CrossOver instead of WINE. I couldn't get Photoshop 5.0 to run under WINE, but it runs beautifully under CrossOver.

Comment

Re: newbie - anyone running libronix?

Hey, I know that this is an old post, but I am looking for the same info. If you find it let me know. If I find out anything worth knowing I'll post it here in the forum under a new topic.
      Pentium M 1.73 GHz <br />2 gig Ram<br />Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900<br />Lucid 10.04

Comment

Working...
      X