X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine Problem

HI
    I have install Wine with Adep- manager but nothing starts. I have tried to install with Automix (wine) whats happens is that my computer fryes(everything stops)
    Can you help my
    Im new with Linux
    smari

Re: Wine Problem

Are you having trouble just installing wine or getting programs to install in wine?

My advice would be to visit this link and read about what you are trying to install first. If you have any specific questions after that then search the forums first and if you don't find it, then ask away.

http://www.winehq.com/

Most likely someone else has already struggled through what you are trying to install already and it is on here.

Comment

I have trouble just installing wine

Comment

I'm kinda new to Linux too, but I managed to easily install WINE today and even tried it by installing WinAmp and was successful.
        Anyway, I am using 6.06 I don't know what you are using.
        I would first ask you if you have installed any soft before with Adept and
        second if you have all your repositries activated. Next, do you get any error messages when you try to install WINE? Check the log.
        If Adept doesnt work, try installing WINE using the command line and do "sudo apt-get install WINE". Note any error messages that appear.

Comment

You can also check Codeweavers Crossoffice. It's wine with an easy to use front-end, and special settings for some common windows apps. It's a commercial product, but there is a limited time demo version.

Javier.

Comment

G'day, smarl57,

What is it that you need to use wine for? Is there a Linux equivalent that you could use that you may not be aware of?
            I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

I have install Kubuntu 7.04 and Wine is working
              have a nice day everybody
              smari57

Comment

Working...
              X