This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are my bookmarks stored on the system

I would just like to save them to a USB key if my system crashes again.
    every day is a gift

Re: where are my bookmarks stored on the system

Assuming Firefox, to transfer bookmarks, you need to export them to a file (I use a .htm file format). Click "manage bookmarks", and then "file", and the "export", and give it a name and a place -- point it to your USB drive if that's where you want it.

Then, when you install Firefox on your new/replacement system, click "manage bookmarks", "file", "import" and browse to your USB drive and import your file, and you'll be back in business.

I'm looking at a Windows version of Firefox as I type this, and I'm thinking the Linux version is slightly different -- it may be "organize bookmarks" instead of "manage bookmarks" -- not sure of the subtleties there.

Comment

thanks, my mistake in not writing it, they a konqueror bookmarks and I am looking for them on the system, in fact I won`t touch them this time becaus I took out the harddrive and put it into a caddie, connected it to another system running kubuntu edgy, transfered some photos like desktops and then the second system crashed too. so now I am just reinstalling everything afresh on both machines but I will not be running firefox not because I don`t like it but just that I would like to understand konqueror more
      every day is a gift

Comment

There are somewhere in

~/.mozilla/firefox/DIRECTORY/bookmarks.html

where DIRECTORY will be named differently on your system than mine.

john

Comment

Konqueror bookmarks are saved as in an XML file in ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ the filename is bookmarks.xml. You can also export your bookmarks by going to Konqueror's Bookmarks menu -> Edit Bookmarks and selecting File -> Export in the Bookmark Editor window.
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

thanks, I will give it a try, btw why is firefox better than konqueror, I have not had any problems it
            every day is a gift

Comment

Working...
            X