This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configure Panel problems

On my kubuntu 6.10 machine I've got two panels going. The Main Panel which I like on the top (probably b/c I recently converted from gnome), and a secondary panel I added at the bottom which serves as a App Launcher (ala MacOSX). When I go to either panel, right click, and select configure panel, the very top of the configuration menu allows me to select either the "Main Panel" or the "Panel", just as you'd except (I imagine).
    Here the problem, I installed Kubuntu on my daughter's pc (also running 6.10), and she wanted me to set up the panels the way I had them on mine. So, I moved the Main Panel to the top, I added a new Panel, which I've been able to drag to the bottom of the screen. The problem is that when I try to configure either panel, I don't get the combo box asking me which Panel to apply the changes to. Any and all changes only apply as if the Main Panel had been selected.
    Has anyone else encountered this before? It's weird that it is happening on her machine, and not mine, yet both are kubuntu 6.10. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My daughter, who is 7 for the record, isn't happy with setup, and is asking me to change her back to gnome. :P
    TIA

Re: Configure Panel problems

It's a known bug in KDE 3.5.5 and later. You have to restart Kicker (the KDE Panel) to get that dropdown list again. Press Alt+F2 and type in

Code:
    dcop kicker kicker restart
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re: Configure Panel problems

I had the same problem, thanks for the solution. I hope this bug gets fixed.

Comment

Working...
      X