X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to learn linux?

Ok here is a crazy question!

Where is the best place to start to try to understand linux from scratch, currently it feels like i am trying to learn russian by reading "war and peace" in russian with no translation tools or help!

Trying to solve issues with getting Kubuntu to recognise a Broadcom wifi chip in an AMD64 3400+, 1.25GB RAM, 80GB, eMachine m6811... hmm help... presume that i know nothing... it is by sheer luck that i have got this far!

(what i really want is someone to show me anyone feel like coming to Perth Australia? )

Re: Where to learn linux?

Well, I can't say I've learned linux, but just plain old reading these forums and answering what I can, and reading, and breaking down the commands and advice given is just a big help. There's also websites that have a lot of info, like psychocats.net, and a comman line reference (when I need to find a command for something). I guess you could read books about it as well..though I, myself, have not read any linux books.

Also, if you have a problem, post it, people will be glad to help you.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Re: Where to learn linux?

hmmm this has been really helpful... it is helping to decode the help that i get on the forums

to anyone else... the psychocats website is GREAT...i found this essay good...
      http://psychocats.net/essays/linuxforwindows.php

anyways thanks for your help... i WILL get there... i will get linux on my lappy!

Comment

Working...
      X