X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing Netscape 7.2

Hello!

I'm kinda new to Linux, so please forgive me all..

I'm having problems installing Netscape (or Firefox) under Kubuntu 5.10. I discovered on my own by messing around that Firefox is available through some package repository, so I am currently using it now. When I try to install Netscape 7.2, at first I would get an error pertaining to { I believe } glibc .. ? So anyway, while I was messing around with this package repository thing, I installed all the compiler libraries and such for the errors I was getting. I am now currently sitting at the following error, and have nothing left with my knowledge that I can do to fix it .. here it is:

Typing in ./netscape-installer ::

xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
    xlib: No protocol specified

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is pretty much the same (I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same) error message I get when trying to install Firefox by hand. Does anyone know what I need to do just to get the Netscape installer going so I can get the thing installed on here?? I would really appreciate the help if anyone has a possable solution.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Re: Problems installing Netscape 7.2

I tried to install netscape 7.2 myself, and that went completely smooth. You probably have some libraries missing. I found out that you need the following:

• # glibc
    • gtk+
    • Glib

Make sure you have those installed those by using synaptic or apt-get, then run the installer.

Comment

Working...
    X