This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to Xserver

Hi, I was recently trying to enable the dual monitor feature. I have a GeForce FX 5200. I poweried down to plug in the second monitor, there was an error message about an untested monitor. Now everytime I boot up, I get the graphics logo with the progress bar, then for log in it switches to text. I can log in and enter a password. But i still have text only. I have tried to reconfigure the x server with
    $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    There has been no change to the text log in. I have pulled the video card, same thing, still text. I put the card back in, still text.

Re: Cannot connect to Xserver

I had this problem once.
    I had downloaded nvidia drivers from their site earlier, so every time I rebooted i had to install the drivers again and again

Code:
    sudo sh N*.run
    startx
    This is a temporary solution that worked for me. Good luck
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

It says it cannot run N*.run

Comment

Ok, did u install the Nvidia driver? if so, how did you install it?
        Starting from there we are going be able to assist you on this issue

Greetz
        Beware the Almighty Command Line

Comment

Originally posted by windbiter
          It says it cannot run N*.run
          You probably don't have "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9746-pkg1.run" in your home directory.
          Did you download the driver from nvidia.com ?
          Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Working...
          X