X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi Network Errors in Breezy!

Hi,

i recently downloaded Kubuntu as my first linux distro ever (5.10) the other day (i posted it here and not in network because im a new user who knows very little on linux, i know what ive vbeen able to pick up from guides on wireless). After installing it i wanted to get my wireless internet USB working (WUSB54Gv1) but noticed that i couldnt do it without some other programs. Ive tried alot of things to try to get it to work but nothing seems to be working.

Things ive tried:

1. I downloaded ndiswrapper and followed a guide (dont have link anymore) which guided me through untaring ndiswrapper 1.5 and replacing the 1.1 that comes with Kubuntu with the 1.5. I got to a command which was "make deb" where it was supposed to make 2 .deb files. Only 1 was made because the other one had errors in the process (Errors were all related to gcc-3.4 command not found)

2. I tried using the ndiswrapper that came with Kubuntu. I followed the instalation until i got to the point where you were starting to configured access points etc. What happened was i used the command "ndiswrapper -i WUSB54G.inf" and it worked and then i typed "ndiswrapper -l" and it said that the driver was found and the hardware was found BUT when i typed "dmesg", instead of giving me "wlan0: ndiswrapper ethernet device xxxxxxx" it gave me these 3 errors:

ndiswrapper (NdisWriteErrorLogEntry:273): log: C000138A, count: 3 (c0000001), return address: f8d56fcb, entry: f8d696bb offset: 4294891792
    ndiswrapper (ndiswrapper_add_one_usb_dev:312): Windows driver couldn't initialize the device (c0010006)
    ndiswrapper: probe of 5-2:1.0 failed with error -22

It did however give me these right above the 3 errrors:
    ndiswrapper version 1.1 loaded (preempt=no, smp=no)
    ndiswrapper: driver wusb54g (The Cisco-Linksys, LLC.,01/12/2004, 1.0.8.0) loaded

Please help, i cant think of anything else to do, i looked for Prism54 drivers but i couldnt find any. Ive downloaded the Linksys Drivers for the USB off of the site and ive also tried using the ones on the disk but i get the same errors for both

EDIT: I forgot, i also tried something that was something like "make distclean" "make" "make install" to install ndiswrapper but it failed on the "make" and "make install"

Re: WiFi Network Errors in Breezy!

Do you have the basic compilers installed, doesn't look like it from complaining about gcc and not being able to run make.  From a command line sudo apt-get install build-essential should allow you to install, if it throws errors then you may need to install a few more packages, it normally gives a clue in the error (which you can post here if you can't work it out)
    KDE 3.5 RC1 and Dapper Drake....waiting for it to implode

Comment

Working...
    X