This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I modify the KDE logoff screen?

Hi. The topic says it all, but to make it clear, I am referring to the one that pops out when you right-click on the desktop and click log-off. The one that gives you the option to turn off, restart, etc. I want to know how to modify it and where the configurations are stored.

I am using a Windoze/Kubuntu dual-boot and I want to add the option "Restart to Windows" just like in OpenSUSE.

Thank you!

Re: How can I modify the KDE logoff screen?

I tried searching for the configuration files for this on my computer but I can't find it! It is difficult to find information on kde.org too..

Comment

I think I know what you want:
      select "system settings" in kmenu
      then select "advanced" and choose "login manager"
      click "administrator mode"
      navigate to "shutdown" tab and select grub boot manager under "miscellaneous"

Comment

Originally posted by totoymola
        Hi. The topic says it all, but to make it clear, I am referring to the one that pops out when you right-click on the desktop and click log-off. The one that gives you the option to turn off, restart, etc. I want to know how to modify it and where the configurations are stored.
        AFAIK the dialog itself is hard coded, so you can't change it (though you can revert to the kde default dialog in which you can change the 'sleeping konqi' image for a bit of customization :P)

I am using a Windoze/Kubuntu dual-boot and I want to add the option "Restart to Windows" just like in OpenSUSE.
        This on the other hand is doable, just follow klerfayt's instructions and you should get a dropdown menu on 'restart' in which you can choose to boot to windows (or recovery mode, for example)

Comment

Thank you for your intelligent responses guys! I will give it a try and post my results.

Comment

Thanks guys! That was really easy!! I was thinking of a something more complicated way of doing this.

Comment

Hmm.. I think I missed something here. At first I thought everything is working because I saw the options in my new restart button. But I just realized that it does not work no matter which option I choose.

Comment

Working...
              X