X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student Project Help!

Hello all!

I am an undergraduate student doing a networking Unit. We have been set the task to demonstrate a SOHO network (Small LAN) with a Linux server and possible NT or XP workstations.

To the Point:

Firstly I wanted to use Ubuntu (or pref Kubuntu) server (or workstation) to host the following;

Local domain User accounts
    File sharing
    Internal email
    Intranet

My biggest headache at the moment is working out what i need to set up an internal only mail system. Currently looking at the following; Postfix, sendmail and zimbra. Literally all i need to do is demonstrate that mail can be sent in between users. But the comments i have been reading on the above has confused me.

My Background:

I am a true newbie to Linux, i have been meaning to get myself into Linux for a while now and this is my chance. But i need some guidance!

So far I have successfully installed Kubuntu and played around with it. In addition i have installed Samba for the file sharing between Linux and XP machines.

However, i will be totally honest... i am out of my depth here and do need spend alot more time getting my head around linux. But i was hoping someone could give me some pointers.

Any feedback would be much appericated!

Re: Student Project Help!

bump

Comment

Working...
    X