X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fonts

Hi All

this is my first message to this great forum. I have just come into the world of Linux after having had enough of windows... I am a almost total noob but I am working around my way of replacing and or wine-ing all the softwares I need for my job.
    Anyway I also switched to Kubuntu after my first days in Ubuntu. KDE is so much better than Gnome for me... It is just awesome.
    My question is "how and where can I get high quality fonts for linux?". On windows I had this awesome fonts from adobe type manager... but here... I don't know where to get stuff like the Trajan or Opulent font sets.

Thanks a lot guys and I hope this operating system will become a real thorn in windope flank!

Cheers guys

Cippa

Re: fonts

Without knowing your personal definition of "high quality", I'll tell how I do it. I open up the Adept Package Manager, found at KMenu>System, and in Adept I scroll down to msttcorefonts, and I mark it for installation, and I click "Apply" on the top menu, and that's where I get mine.

I'm sure there are more options than that one, however.

8)

Comment

well, yeah those are the basic microsoft fonts which are good but not really stuff for publishing.
      anyway, no problem, thanks for the help!

Cippa

Comment

Originally posted by Cippa Lippa
        fonts from adobe type manager
        You may try to feed them to the Penguin by means of [Alt][F2] kcmshell kcmfontinst (with the Adobe data carrier made available to the Linux system, of course).

Comment

Working...
        X