This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with LS_COLORS

I have had most of my Unix experience with the good, ol' Kshell under AIX. I find the colors that the ls command uses under Linux (or is it just under bash?) to be at best illegible (pale green on a pale blue background, for instance) and at worst repugnant. I have looked at various ways to get back to old-fashioned black letters and found I should set LS_COLORS to "never". (Where did I find that?) But then I get

ls: unparsable value for LS_COLORS environment variable

every time I run the ls command, altho the colors are what I want (none). I do not want to fritz around with a bloody long file, I just want a one-line command I can put in .bashrc to get my black colors back again. The dircolors command is no help that I can see.

Help, please.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Help with LS_COLORS

Originally posted by joneall
    I have had most of my Unix experience with the good, ol' Kshell under AIX.
    Oh, oh ... :P

Originally posted by joneall
    I just want a one-line command I can put in .bashrc to get my black colors back again.
    You may want to take a look at this page or that one (or even my own) to hopefully get some ideas on how to solve this nasty little problem.

Comment

Working...
    X