• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short hotkey for turning off the computer please and others too

hi, any neat list of shortcut hotkeys going please, thnks
    every day is a gift

Re: short hotkey for turning off the computer please and others too

I don't know about turning off the computer but look at "Hotkeys " at http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=9350.0
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

System Settings> - <Personal> - <Regional & Accessibility> - <Keyboard Shortcuts>

next question:
      - is there any way to cut/paste the default list above to text file
      - if I change most defaults to custom then replace them with the windows shortcuts(only because I remember them) is there any problem in doing so
      - I still can't find the quick shortcut way to shutdown the computer

meaning for example on windows XP it is
      - click: alt + F4
      - click: right arrow
      - click: enter

btw loving my kubuntu more and more
      every day is a gift

Comment

I must be using a different distro (Kubuntu Edgy regionalized for US-English) so YMMV. If I click through K > "System Settings", I don't see anything called "Regional & Accessibility" any more. Now I see K > "System Settings" > "Keyboard & Mouse" (on the third line) and (if I keep clicking) under "Keyboard Shortcuts", the first tab ("Shortcut Schemes") has a radio button called "Current Scheme" which actually allows you to open a drop down listbox. Two of the entries in the listbox are "Windows Scheme (without Win Key)" and Windows Scheme (with Win Key)". In either case, you can set any key sequence you wish. Personally I just use "Ctl-Alt-Del" in the "Current Scheme". Hasn't that been working since DOS days?

Comment

Working...
        X