X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing software problems ! :(

Well, hi again
    Anyways, i'm having trouble installing software, I read the ReadMe file and is says to type :
    ./configure
    So I do that and a load of lines appear and everything seems ok,
    Then, I type :
    make
    And it gives me an error :
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefiles found. Stop.

It's rather aggravating as quite a few programs give me that error.
    The program I am trying to install is : ksmoothdock
    And also :
    lmule ( ^____^ )

Re: Installing software problems !

Open up your Adept Package Manager and search for and install build-essential pack. A good how for installing stuff is here:
    http://monkeyblog.org/ubuntu/installing/

If you have trouble with ksmoothdock being jumpy and not opening programs tright (I did) try kooldock from your Adept Package Manager.

Can't help with lmule.

Comment

I couldn't find an install build-essential package or kooldock on Adept Manager.
      I found a link that would enable me to download it (google), but the link was dead.
      Unless I missed something, can you be more precise with names please ?
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

In Kmenu>System, run "Adept Package Manager". It will require that enter your admin password, then it will run.

Once it is open, it will list all available packages in alphabetical order. There is a package named "build-essential", after "buici-clock" and before "buildbot". Click on it to open the description, and click "Install" to set it for installation. Then go up to the top of Adept Manager and click "Apply Changes". That is the Ubuntu-approved method for installing software on your Linux system.

HTH

Comment

Working...
        X