This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding software in Kubuntu

Hello, I am new to Kubuntu. I assume all the software packages that are available to Ubuntu via Synaptic is available to Kubuntu as well. I could not find synaptic, like they have on Ubuntu, but found the Adept installer instead. It doesn't have nearly the amount of software packages available. I am probably just looking in the wrong place. Could someone offer a little help ?

Thank you so much !

Re: Finding software in Kubuntu

Did you enable your extra repositories? If you don't remember doing this there are 2 ways. Quick and easy is
    Open Adept
    When it opens click on "View" Then on "Manage Repositories"

You'll most likely see something that looks like this:
    Code:
    #deb [url]http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/[/url] dapper-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    Click on each one and chose "Enable" this will remove the hash (#) from the front of each one.
    Click the Green apply button.
    click fetch updates. You should have many more programs now.

By the way - one of the things you can install is Synaptic, it's not as buggy as Adept on my computer.

Comment

Re: Finding software in Kubuntu

same here, run 'sudo apt-get install synaptic' on command line, and you ll be back to using synaptic, where you can add repositories, etc....first thing i install if its not already there...

cheers

Comment

Working...
      X