This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Saver Doesn't Work

I have had Kubuntu installed for a few weeks now, and I have never been able to get a screensaver to work. Regardless of the how I configure the settings, the screensaver does not come up after any amount of fine. They work fine when I test them, but not in practice. Any tips?

Re: Screen Saver Doesn't Work

I got one screen saver to work - more or less: The X.

That is, it goes into screen saver mode, but the password protection does not. For the other screen savers I have tried, they work in testing, but just a blank screen is offered.

Comment

I think this is a known bug with KDE. OpenGL screensavers should work (if you have OpenGL-compatible graphics drivers).

Comment

The easiest way to get a screensaver is:
        (1) In konqueror go to /etc/X11/ and right click on the file xorg.conf. Then select "Actions">"Edit As Root". Find the section called "Monitor". Enter a '#' charracter in the first column of the line that says "option DPMS". Then save the file. This step may not be necessary any more, but it used to be, so I still do it.

(2) Choose a screensaver. "K">"System Settings">"Desktop">"ScreenSaver".

(3) Right click on your panel (the gray bar at the bottom of the screen). Click on Panel Menu, then on "Add Applet to Panel". Select "Lock/Logout Buttons". You will now have a pair of icons on the panel. One is a red power switch. You can use this to shutdown your computer. The other is a blue lock. When you click on this, your screen saver will appear. In order to restore the computer to operation, you will be asked to enter your password.

Comment

http://www.penguin.ch/dokuwiki/doku....eensaver_hacks

Comment

Working...
          X