X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 6.10 and Lucent Modem in IBM 600X Notebook

I am a new linux user.
    I tried to install the drive recommended by IBM for the integrated modem (Thinkpad 600X with Internal Modem) .

The code, tested for Linux 2.2 kernel, does not work (command MAKE INSTALL reference a directory not present in the system). How can I proceed?

Attached the Lenovo/IBM site indications and the dowloade file.

Thanks
    Alberto
    Attached Files

Re: Kubuntu 6.10 and Lucent Modem in IBM 600X Notebook

First of all, as a moderator, I've moved this post to the Newbie Help Forum. The Coding/Scripting Forum is for discusson of programs or scripts that you have written, or are writing, yourself and for discussions of software that facilitates writing programs and scripts.

Second, in order to configure and "make" software that is distributed in source form, you need to install the package "build-essential". You can do this either from a konsole with the command "sudo apt-get install build-essential" or by using your favorite package manager (either Synaptic or Adept) to install the build-essential package.

Finally, (K)Ubuntu and virtually every other modern Linux distribution uses a 2.6 kernel, not a 2.2 kernel. Even Debian, the most conservative Linux distribution available uses no kernels older than 2.4.20. If your modem driver was written for the 2.2 kernel series, it may not work with a modern Linux distribution, so be prepared to find either a newer driver or a newer modem.

Comment

Working...
    X