Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!PLZ HELP!!! I am DESPERATE-does anyone know how to solve my problem???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!PLZ HELP!!! I am DESPERATE-does anyone know how to solve my problem???

It's not really a big thing, but it's really bugging me.
    I have just installed a copy of Kubuntu on my hp nx6125 laptop.
    It was all well. The installation went smooth, and the system worked just fine,
    and after a while, I put the machine on suspend.
    (here's the problem> When I come back, I just can't get the system to wake up!
    I press the power button, and the fans come on, and it all seems to be running, but the screen doesn't come on, and it doen't react to no matter what I press - i even tried the ctrl+alt+del!

I've posted this a few hours ago, and no one's giving replies. Can Someone please helllllllppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~~~~~~~~~~~??

Re: !!!PLZ HELP!!! I am DESPERATE-does anyone know how to solve my problem

It appears others have had this problem:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3080221.0

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3080392.0

Unfortunately, I do not see any solutions posted. You might want to try the Ubuntu forum, which has more members -- the problem may not be related to the KDE/Kubuntu desktop environment.

Comment

Also, as a rule, typing in capitals, and claiming you're desperate will turn off people from helping you, especially as soon as they realise it's something as non-critical as this. Just a description of the problem and a description of what you've tried is enough to get you help here.

D1SxEyes

Comment

It's not just kubuntu.
        A few other distros have had problems with this.

Comment

Look into the documents and how tos about disabling advanced power control , like apci and other modules which may not be playing nice with your hardware.....see what happens when you boot with noapci and noapic for example, but , read first and see if you come across a similar problem.......sounds like what i said , your hardware isnt taking kindly to advanced power configurations like suspend and power down etc......

its often one of the first things i try and till as late as suse 9.2 it was the only thing that worked on my laptop for that distro.....fortunately it hasnt come up in kubuntu on this laptop tho......

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X