This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recovering deleted directories

I changed my unused partitions on my second hd which had ME on it (not the ME partition). set up /boot/grub/menu.lst to map (hd0) (hd1) etc. and everything worked. great. Then i changed the /etc/fstab file to mount ME to /ME which was originally mounted to /second_hda. rebooted the computer.
    The problem occured when I 'rm -R /second_hda' in console. now I cannot boot to ME and the ME file is empty. Is there any way for me to recover /second_hda?

Re: recovering deleted directories

Hmm - In the repositories is recover-program, but it is only for ext2 partitions.
    Undelete files on ext2 partitions
    Recover automates some steps as described in the ext2-undeletion
    howto. This means it seeks all the deleted inodes on your hard drive
    with debugfs.

which had ME on it (not the ME partition)
    ME - Windows Millenium Edition ? Does ME use fat or ntfs ? Maybe this helps:

If you are looking freeware : http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/
    -> Boot Disk: Utilities Disk -> Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (UBCD4Win)
    Home page:
    http://www.ubcd4win.com/
    Description: UBCD4Win is a bootable CD which contains software that allows you to repair, restore, or diagnose almost any computer problem. Our goal is to be the ultimate free hardware and software diagnostic tool. All software included in UBCD4Win are freeware utilities for Windows®. UBCD4Win is based on Bart's PE©. Bart's PE© builds a Windows® "pre-install" environment CD, basically Windows® booted from CD. We include many free hardware and software diagnostic tools that allow you to fix almost any problem you will face with your computer. With network support, the ability to modify NTFS volumes, recover deleted files, create new NTFS volumes, scan hard drives for viruses, etc. this project includes almost everything you need to repair your system problems.

Good luck !
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X