X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with wireless connection

Hi peoples,
    I recently installed 6.10 in my Compaq Presario V5000. How do I configure the build in wireless to work?
    -Thanks
    thomp830

Re: Need help with wireless connection

First of all I would suggest having a how to sticky or forum page, or google page on screen at hand, if possible.....but ive seldom had to do more on most systems than a) type 'ifconfig -a' on a konsole just to see that kubuntu sees all my connections to internet whether wireless or not. Generally my wireless goes under ra0......then simply find Networking on your Kmenu, and enter your password at the prompt. A gui will come up showing your net connections and whether they are enabled.

If the wireless is not, click enable....it will take a few seconds for a little display to show you its doing its thing. Then? for whatever reason, I find my ubuntu lappy likes to be rebooted before its wireless connection is fully operable. Reboot, and fire up firefox....or your favorite browser.

Google beforehand tho, in case you find info about your particular hardware or your kubuntu release, before you start going in circles thinking something is broke....im using dapper, so i cant speak for edgy at the moment....

generally, its one two, and youre on line........

good luck

cheers

Comment

I had tried that hoping it would be a simple fix...no go.

Comment

Have you browsed this?

http://kudos.berlios.de/kf/kf1.html#network

Advise the forum as to exactly what you have tried, and someone may ask youto post error messages etc, to help us track down your problem....

cheers

Comment

Working...
        X