This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samba problem

Thanks to good help here I was able to connect the Kubuntu 6.10 computer to my Windows network, and get Internet connection from a Win2000 computer.

Worked fine, until I started trying to move the USB wireless to the Kubuntu machine.

I found some details regarding ndiswrapper, and eventually thought I did understand some of it. Well, to cut a long story short - I failed, and lost my network first. Then I found that I could click on the Knetwork manager icon and somehow regain network connection. Internet, however, did not work. I tried using a spare Win98 at that location - no problem (same computer, just another HD.)

Then I removed the Knetwork manager. That made me loose the network and Internet. So now I'm pretty stuck.

Anyone able to help me get back?

Re: Samba problem

do the network setup with the system cabled to the router
    once setup connect the wifi

it will take a restart for the network to be picked up

for the printer try the different samsung drivers in the print manager most drivers will work with most printers
    sometimes its trail & error my samsung 1210 works out of the box ...

Comment

Originally posted by Gezzer
      do the network setup with the system cabled to the router
      once setup connect the wifi

Sorry, I don't even know how to do the network setup in Kubuntu. Where is it? How?

Comment

Hi,

You will find it in System settings > Network Settings.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sky
          Hi,

You will find it in System settings > Network Settings.

Cheers
          OK, I did look at that, and can't find any problems. Should I delete something and start over again?

What I get when I try clicking on the Samba Resources is:

No workgroup found.

Then it suggest there is a firewall - but the same happens when I disable the Windows PC firewall.

Comment

Working...
          X