Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Sound From DVB-T PCI FREEVIEW Card !!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sound From DVB-T PCI FREEVIEW Card !!!!

I have recently installed the Kubuntu OS and also the Gnome (ubuntu) enviroment on my computer, everything is operating okay except I cannot get any sound when selecting the Digital TV option in Kaffeine Player, I can view all TV channels no problem but no sound, the PCI card is identified by Kaffeine Player as a Zarlink MT352 DVB-T although it came to me in a plain box from ebuyer, the information on the box is VS-DVBT PCI, I am certain VS stands for VStream and I think it is a KWorld spin off as well, I am new to Linux so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Jed.

Also Posted on the Ubuntu Forum!!!

Re: No Sound From DVB-T PCI FREEVIEW Card !!!!

Can you run
    kaffeine --verbose
    from a terminal and see if there's any useful output when you watch DVB?

I'll only ask for completeness that you've checked the volume controls, that sound works in other places etc. but I'm sure that's already occurred to you!

A quick Google suggests that the card is not only supported in Linux but uses the same chipset as my own (Hauppauge Nova-T PCI), so any problems should hopefully be resolvable (he said with fingers crossed...)

Comment

Re: No Sound From DVB-T PCI FREEVIEW Card !!!!

Hi James, can you talk me through how to run Kaffeine from a terminal as I don't know/understand the commands, I have been running Microsoft OS's for over eight years and still doing so, my knowledge of DOS is also very minimal as W95 was my first intro to Microsoft so Linux is all new to me, re the volume control settings I have been in and out of the setings countless times and nothing affects a sound output for the Freeview card and I don't think I am missing anything all other sound functions appear to be working fine including playing a DVD moivie, I should also mention that the card functions without any problems when I am using Wxp although the Kaffeine user interface is much better I just need to get the sound sorted out, thanks for your help.
      Jed.

Comment

Working...
      X