X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not your normal MD5 Checksum Failure

Hi

I've spent the past day and a half trying to get kubuntu downlaoded and installed having heard how good it is.

At first I thought it was me but I've been able to replicate this issue from three locations.

I've downloaded the kubuntu-6.06.1-alternate-i386.iso using bittorrent.

The initial download MD5 Checksum verification is correct but when I start to install it fails every time.

I have checked the integrity of every disk and every disk fails at the same point

the error message is:

The ./pool/main/b/binutils/binutils-static-udeb_2.16.1cvs20060107-1ubuntu2.1_i386.udeb file failed the MD5 checksum verification. Your CD-ROM or this file may have been corrupted.

Before I posted I burn another CD using another burner and the problem still persists.

I guess you have a problem somewhere - any idea how long I should wait before trying to download again.

Thanks

Kev

A linux convert - when I can get it set up

Re: Not your normal MD5 Checksum Failure

That's the image I BT'd and installed from a month or so ago, and had no issues. I can't imagine it's changed since then

Have you tried extracting the file and manually checksum'ing it? Alternatively, have you tried installing to a different PC?

Comment

Turns out the problem was that RSDP wasn't enabled.

A trip to the bios sorted that one.

HTH someone else

Kev

Comment

RSDP wasn't enabled.
        Wassat?

Comment

Working...
        X