Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System Settings question? Where are they?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Settings question? Where are they?

In the Dapper forum I see references like this to a System Settings GUI.
    Quote"Now, something weird. When I open the "System Settings" GUI from the K-menu, and go to disk and file systems, it shows that there is a device ... "end Quote

I also saw this illustrated on several how to help guides but I can't find any such program on my menu. I have a folder called System which has several programs but nothing called "Settings" and a folder called Settings above it which only has two programs. What am I missing or why don't I have this folder or program to view all these settings?

Re: System Settings question? Where are they?

In my K-menu it's right under "Help" item. If it is missing in yours, you can select "Run command" and type "systemsettings" (without quotation marks ) and run it. You can also run "kcontrol" which is similar, but with a tree menu and a little more detailed. Of course, you can add this command to your K-menu, too. Hope it helps.

Comment

Re: System Settings question? Where are they?

Originally posted by bouli
      In my K-menu it's right under "Help" item. If it is missing in yours, you can select "Run command" and type "systemsettings" (without quotation marks ) and run it. You can also run "kcontrol" which is similar, but with a tree menu and a little more detailed. Of course, you can add this command to your K-menu, too. Hope it helps.
      Yes, that really helped and I got it up to look at it. Unfortunately, it doesn't show the SD card i put in my built in card reader so I am wondering now how to get pix imported to view in gimp or other photo programs.

Comment

Working...
      X