Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browser right-click sub-menus. How are they controlled? A nit-pick about usefulness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser right-click sub-menus. How are they controlled? A nit-pick about usefulness.

My specific complaint is when the right-click menu is invoked to correct a mispelling (sic) it will often open upward with the spelling corrections and the suggestions are at the top of the pup-up menu - literally as far away from the mouse cursor as possible, thus requiring several inches of mouse movement. When it opens downward, the suggestions are also at the top and thus very quickly accessed.

This is exacerbated by the fact that in this forum and most other social media type webpages you're always entering a comment at the bottom of the screen, resulting in nearly every spelling correction waaayyyy up there rather than right here.

It seems to me that obviously some coding exists the flip the menu either up or down from the mouse cursor.

My question is what or where is this controlled? Is this a KDE thing or browser thing?

It would be a LOT better if the spelling suggestions either always appeared in the pop-up menu closest to the mouse cursor or an altogether different menu appeared for spelling corrections that did not contain all the other menu entries.

To illustrate:

BAD menu:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240713_163634-bad.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	681243
    ​ ​

GOOD menu:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240713_163529-good.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	681245

BETTER upward menu:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240713_163634-better.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.0 KB ID:	681247

ALTERNATE menu:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240713_170625-alternate.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	681249

Please Read Me

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
    Is this a KDE thing or browser thing?
    Entirely from the browser

Comment

Working...
    X