Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 6.4 kernel supports my 88x2bu wifi chip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] The 6.4 kernel supports my 88x2bu wifi chip!

When this HP 17-cxxxn laptop was gifted to me by my son on my birthday a year ago I worked to get the internal wifi chip recognized ... and failed. Primarily because the teeny tiny little female socket that fit on the male plug on the board was crushed when I attempted to plug it back in, a result of hand tremors. So, I purchased a CUDY USB wifi chip that had the 88x2bu chip. After a few days of struggling to get it connected I found a dkms hack on github that worked ok. Informed of the 6.4 kernel in the bookworm-backports I purged the dkms apt & github files, commented out the blacklist command in /etc/modules.d/88x2bu.conf file, and installed that repo this morning and then installed the 6.4 kernel.
    When I rebooted I was greeted with an active wifi icon in the panel.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	wifi_connection_screen.png Views:	0 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	673856
    Nice!

PS- 585 Mbits/s is faster than my 500MBits/s fiber optic cable.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Sep 12, 2023, 11:12 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

firmware failed to leave lps state
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...eave-lps-state
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Sep 14, 2023, 09:58 AM. Reason: msg moved to new post for spyders to pick up
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X