X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network manager gets a new text interface

For you command line users.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTU0Mjg
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Wow, and in only 25,000 lines of code!

It must be adding a lot of text-based screen displays with loads of options. Nice!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

ya I saw that last night in Akregator wile I was checking out the difference between the 12.10 and 13.10 installs Akregator is not working right in 13.10 @hear,,,,,,,,,,how would one add/get that nmtui ?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

It was only just put out on git a few days ago, so it would need to be downloaded and compiled at the moment.

As an aside, wicd has both cli and curses clients already. However, using nmtui does not require switching to a different manager of networking.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          It was only just put out on git a few days ago, so it would need to be downloaded and compiled at the moment.

As an aside, wicd has both cli and curses clients already. However, using nmtui does not require switching to a different manager of networking.
          OKy doky will give a compile a go

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

HUMmmm not going so well ......LOL cant even autogen.sh the make files ,,,,,, first had to add the "gtk-doc-tool" now we are bombing out on
            automake: cannot open < libgsystem/Makefile-libgsystem.am: No such file or directory
            autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
            vinny@vinny-HP-G62:~/build2/NetworkManager-3bda3fb60c104114192e4e3c9c4ba0bef84d3a00$
            maby better just wait ...............LOL

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
            X