This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great GUI tool !!

I must say that KGRUBeditor is very well done. The only issues I had was because of my test install of KDE4 isn't that great. I still have issues with kdesudo but outside of that, I liked what I saw and it was very well laid out. Great! Hope that it can make it into the Repos for HH.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Is it at all possible to use the color option to fake the desired look? In otherwords, can you use the color option more than once in GRUB, setting the desired color for the real stanzas and a foreground/background setting to make the blank title line effectively invisible?
      No, unfortunately you can't. It is not possible for every entry to appear in different color in the menu.

The page dibl referenced is tricky. It doesn't explain what exactly happens. So, let me do this for you. Every entry may have its own color attribute (KGRUBEditor supports this command and won't erase it as if this command was unknown - QGRUBEditor didn't) BUT it doesn't work as expected.

So how the hell does it work? Well if an entry has nothing but its title and a color attribute

eg.
      title Change Colors
      color black/green

When you click on it it will boot nothing but instead will change the menu colors (not the entry's colors - the menu's). Strange huh? Maybe you should try this out to realise what really happens.

Originally posted by Snowhog
      There will be a period between the displayed menu kernel items. It's small and unobtrusive, but will add a line space between the items.
      Why not? It surely is better than 'Other operating systems:'.

Comment

Hehe. It's official. They will make an exception and add KGRUBEditor on the Hardy repos. Hurray!

Comment

Very good! I'll bet that made you do the 'happy dance!'
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You bet I did :P

Comment

Glad to hear that! That was a good decision

Comment

Packages are available (including .deb for Kubuntu). Check the KDE-apps.org page for details.

Comment

I've noticed after this last update with Kubuntu KDE4 that KGrubEditor is kind of sluggish. Anyone else have that issue or is it just me?

Comment

Great program! Small suggestion, put a "Save file" selection under the file pull down menu. I realize the program saves the file, when you select "Quit", but it is just a more usual way of doing things.

Comment

Actually the file is saved every time you modify something. For instance if the 'Hidden Menu' option is disabled and you enable it, the file will be updated. Every time the file is updated a statusbar message is shown, so that you may know when the file is saved.

Comment

Could that be why when I change something it goes slow before allowing any other modifications? I mean it takes almost a minute before I can change anything else. I'm also doing this through a VirtualBox install as well.

Comment

Dunno for sure. Since you are on a testing version many things irrelevant to the application could cause this. Can you pastebin or pm me the file you are editing? Along with the device.map file as well, please.

Comment

I will...Having to shut down here due to a bad storm.

Comment

Not to sound stupid here, never have dealt with the file, but where is device.map located?
                              Attached Files

Comment

/boot/grub

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                                X