This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSHUNLUVER

Because I was soooo screwed, along with thousands of other PART TIME teachers starting about 6 years ago...I was DESPERATE... to find some kind of other employment.

To that end...I actually DID...what YOU...I...ALL OF US HAVE BEEN LEAD TO BELIEVE...

That I could get a position as a PART TIMER... teaching...ONLINE...my degree which is an EARNED M.S. in Bioloigy ( plant ecology)...I mean...ALL of the "universities / colleges" are ADVERTISING...about their "online" classes and "online professors...WORLDWIDE"...

It is all a LIE...

And HOW did I find that out?

I...did exactly what you did...EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID...I went through EVERY SINGLE VIDEO "thing" that is available for KDE or Gnome...

I will not belabor the many, many, many, things that I did to produce "lectures" / "interations" / "innovative and whatever interactions" /...

I have literally spent DAYS interacting with mainly WOMEN who have obtained HUGE government grants to...implement...SOME kind of ..."thing"...

And what did I find out...AFTER ACTUALLY going to the TROUBLE...to SEARCH OUT...just HOW MANY "faculty" for ANY PUBLIC college / university are...ONLINE...

That means...they are not PHYSICALLY associated with the college / university in that they... CAN ONLY interact with THE PHYSICAL UNIVERSITY / COLLEGE...ONLINE!?

ummm none...it is all a sham...

THERE IS NO PUBLIC COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY...in the U.S. that has more than ONE..."token"...I won't write the word... on the faculty...

I have spent DAYS... DAYS...on this... nigh onto TWENTY EIGHT HOUR DAYS...

USING ...a couple of the apps which you mentioned...

BTW... A PRIVATE COLLEGE...which ACTUALLY has... a world wide faculty...

offered me a position!!!...I'm teaching...if you can believe this... a LECTURE ONLY online anatomy and physiology...

And the elitists here in the U.S. prattle on and on and on and on...

BUT...which one of your mentioned apps actually DID ...everything?

KDENLIVE and... for "live stuff"...SimpleScreenRecorder... KDEnlive has somewhat of a learning curve for me, I'm just a hardware kinda guy...but SimpleScreenRecorder...I mean...I'm a simple guy...

This was an interesting thread, thanks for posting it.

woodjustadoofsmoke

Comment

Yeah, it turns out I still have a little bit of work to do. Alias does fire off ffmpeg, which is as far as I tested it but jlittle's assessment of what would happen was right on target

I grabbed a tiny .avi this morning and will tweak the alias a bit after work.

Thanks, guys

edit: Yup. Single quotes worked - thanks again.
      Last edited by wizard10000; Jan 17, 2018, 02:56 PM.
      we see things not as they are, but as we are.
      -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
      X