Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Screen Recorder for game recording and other but not simple in capability

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Screen Recorder for game recording and other but not simple in capability

Hi
    Because I am doing a "hybrid" seated and on-line biology class next fall I wanted to record, simply, some audio and video about images that I have gathered in my former travels about the world.

The college purchased an application called Camtasia for the teachers to use a couple of years or so ago but it is really...a powerful video EDITING application and is much more horsepower than most teachers need and so most just do not use it. The few that do just use the simple record function sitting in their office...boring...but some of the folks in the microbiology department where I work use it to illustrate the intricacies of bacterial plate innoculation and testing.

To that end, and to keep up with the rest of the folks..

I installed Vokoscreen [ - page includes screenshots and some discussion - ]two years ago but i just could not "get into it", as it were, it DOES HAVE a lot of capabilities and I recommend it.

But,

To engage the student one must follow one simple maxim...
    Keep it simple stupid!

But also be imaginative in presentation.
    What does that "boil down to" for the ONLINE student?

It means the "visual" of engaging backgrounds which are changed quickly. And some "lively chatter" instead of boring lecture.

I do a simple thing to produce very short "mini-lectures".

I put the images that I want into an Impress presentation run it full screen, invoke Simple Screen Recorder and use a "hot key" to change the slide while talking over the slide and moving the mouse to emphasize certain points.

A test run with a couple of students elicited something to this effect:

"VERY GOOD Mr. Woodsmoke! I just wish OTHER instructors would keep things short and sweet and understandable!

lol

Linux folks, I think, mostly use it for recording game play.

BUT it DOES HAVE many other capabilities I just do not use them...mainly because the old woodsmoker can never get past the first screen of a game! lol

I, also, personally, think that this would be a great option for folks who want to become engaged with the forums to illustrate how to install, or use, an app.

It is not in the latest and greatest Kubuntu repos.

It should be, it just woiks!

Here is the MAIN PAGE

It provides:

a list of capabilities
    screenshot
    how to install

I used the instructions for installing the ppa and it appeared in the menu under multimedia jiffy quick.

sudo apt-get update
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:maarten-baert/simplescreenrecorder
    sudo apt-get update
    As always, any comments or discussion about this app or any of the other apps will be appreciated!

woodsmoke

P.S. If a moderator thinks that this would be better placed in another part of the forum my prior permission to move it is now given. however, if copied and pasted don't forget the tags. Simple Screen Recorder, Linux alternative, Camtasia

I tried out the AppImage version of SimpleScreenRecorder and it works great!

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?t=71576
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X