This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just once I would like to see...

a music player app that allows 'starring' or favouring if you will, so the next time you open the program, you can play your starred or favourites, sans a play list, kind of like a rating system for your music. It would be nice to right-click and select remember I like this.

Hi tek-heretik

I quite realize that this is not "right click and", but how about putting a "tag" on a track? Not as quick or efficient as right click but it might do the job.

Here is a list of players with comments on how much or how well they "tag".

http://blog.testfreaks.com/informati...ives-songbird/

An example would be with Quod Libit that uses the Mutagen tagging system.

A "stock" tag is "comment" one could comment it as 01, or 02, any song with 01 would be returned in a search if one used 01 to indicate a song you wanted to :remember".

The below link is a "tutorial" and shows actual code but I would imagine that at least one of the mentioned players would have an automated "comment" tag add in.

See the comment by:
    reliconb...@geeeeeeemail.com, May 16, 2011 (I added the "es" so as to not have a clickable link)

http://code.google.com/p/mutagen/wiki/Tutorial

You may or may not know this but I'll mention it for other people, but Amarok in:

Playlsit/playlist layouts/playlist layout editor/default/single

there is a set of symbols throughwhich one can scroll an one of the symbols is "comment" when that is dragged into the box below, the default has
    title
    lenght
    artist
    album

one can drag comment in there and one could enter a searchable comment when the track is played.

If onw uses the default one will get "save as "copy of default"".

One can also right click a track and there is a "label" section.

One could put a lable in there such as 01 and then search for the 01s which are the favourites.

just some thoughts

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 24, 2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

There are plenty of...

There are plenty of media players and every (?) month someone is starting a new project: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...-Media-Players

The stars with the Bangarang

and from the "Highest Rated"

Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
      - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Amarok is great for this. Play around with Dynamic Playlists. Its all I use!

Heres a screen shot of my current Dynamic Playlist

I use the Partition bias to make it so higher rated tracks are played more often than lower rated tracks. You could easily tell it to only play top rated tracks, but I like to keep low rated ones in just for variety.
        Last edited by whatthefunk; Oct 24, 2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

whatthefunk

I hate you I hate you I hate you!!! lol

Not really, that is just what my little girl used to say to my little boy! lol

How come you GUYS can get Amarok to look so TRES KEWL!!

lol

I've fiddled with customizing Amarok for years and still can't get anything kewl!

woodsmoke

Comment

Thanks guys, I stand corrected, obviously. Amarok is nice but I find it a little too 'helpful', kinda like the kabillion 'wizards' in WinDOHS!.

Comment

Working...
            X