This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they Give Me Credit!?!?!?!?

See below. I stumbled on this. It appears this one Start Button of mine, and yes I know it is mine, seems to be favored by quite a few people. Hey! That's great and I like that my stuff is utilized. I know it's mine but I wonder if, at least sites like this, give me credit for that logo. What is odd is there is a flaw in that Logo. Had they just asked I would have fixed it for them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	648082

Contact the site and let them know. In the true atmosphere of FOSS, I'm sure that they would include a credit notice.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well, as I said that one they are using is flawed. Yes they could possibly doctor it themselves but I found it somewhat amusing it being used. This was of course on KDE-Look.org under "the Artistic License, Version 2.0" so there is some degree of control there. Though I know Dequire uses it for his avatar. Maybe that Twitter account is his? Anyway...... I'm still glad to see my stuff used. Often wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
        Though I know Dequire uses it for his avatar. Maybe that Twitter account is his?
        Yes. Blue Mint Linux = Dequire. https://www.kubuntuforums.net/member.php?10454-dequire

Comment

Haven't seem him here in a while or maybe I just haven't come across any posts he made and/or commented in.

Comment

Yes you should have been given credit, if for no other reason that it is the right thing to do.

woodsmoke

Comment

I believe it is Dequire but some of his stuff seems inactive. Wonder where he is? After looking around it was to promote KDE with an emphasis on Kubuntu. I'm all for that!

Comment

Working...
              X