This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love This Logo!

Title says it all. That is a nice Kubuntu Logo!!

http://www.kubuntu.org/files/12.04-lts-banner.png

I assume everybody knows about the controversy about the "dragon" a few years back.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
      Title says it all. That is a nice Kubuntu Logo!!

http://www.kubuntu.org/files/12.04-lts-banner.png
      I concur !

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        I assume everybody knows about the controversy about the "dragon" a few years back.

woodsmoke

Uhhhhh, no. What was it and why?

Comment

The dragon "seems to be" at least "the top half" of a dragon that a fellow did for....don't remember the distro...a few years ago. Another fellow, as I remember used the basic dragon and shopped several wallpapers etc. around using it. He was at RevLinux for a while and did a wally for the distro, or maybe it was Klikit, Anywhoooo, as I understood it, the original guy then kind of "got into it" with the other fellow, or something like that, because, even though nothing is "copyrighted", it is "good form" to at least "ask" if it is ok to use something. Don't really know the outcome of it.

But, anywhooo I just thought I would mention it for consideration.

woodsmoke

Comment

Isn't that a pangolin (as in "precise pangolin") rather than a dragon.

And it looks like original artwork (even though it has some similarities with dragon image you mean). You generally don't need a permission for similarities (intentional or not) or for using something as inspiration (It's pretty hard co create artwork that doesn't bear any similarities to existing work or isn't inspired by any existing work). It's different if you really copy a design.
            Last edited by kubicle; Apr 28, 2012, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Well, I thought it looked like a dragon similar to Rekonq. Didn't know about the other controversy. But, as Kubicle said, similarities happen and it doesn't mean it was copied. Still love that logo though! As with my username being Fantasy/Other World inspired, that logo is right up my alley!
              Last edited by MoonRise; Apr 28, 2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Ok

Situation resolved!

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                X