This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KubuntuBlue Lead Singer

Whilst tooling down the road one summer evening, I heard the the raucus strains of a rock band emanating from one of my sometime watering holes; and so decided to stop.

After wetting the ol' whistle I was surveying the place and saw a genulman of somewhat askance demeanor enter, wearing the frock coat once popularized by Johnnie Cash and carrying a sketchbook and pens.

After laying coin of the realm on a stand table and taking a small quaff of a draft of questionable antecedents he opened the sketch book and proceeded to apply pen to paper producing, in swift succession, several images of the band.

I offered to purchase one of them, for the cash that I flashed from my wallet, I have absolutely NO idea how much it was , and neither did he.. , if he would apply the name "Kubuntu" to it. And, lovely fellow that he was, he took me up on the offer, and you see a scan of the original image in the white portion of the KubuntuBlue Lead Singer wallpaper.

The fellow was from "the coast" and in the "midwest" to attend the funeral of his sainted grandmother and had asked a local where he might find a place that had one of the better bands and was directed to the establishment our paths crossed.

The background images are from the public domain, Wikimedia.

He had a website, to which I was going to link, when I purchased the sketch, but it is now offline. In searching around he has artwork on various avante garde' sites so he apparently does make a living from his work.

So... here it is: KubuntuBlue LeadSinger with artwork from Wyatt Knight.

woodsmoke

Re: KubuntuBlue Lead Singer

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Re: KubuntuBlue Lead Singer

you're quite welcome!
      woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X