X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon Icon

Hi

Got slightly tired of the "Kpack.kit" & ".deb box" for Muon package manager suite. So I made a new one

What do you think, does it look too much like the K-Icon logo? Thught that it could give a reference to that one .. yet be slightly different so one doesnt mix them up.

Below is just a .png for show, but there's a .svgx on KDE-looks

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=145610

Jonas
    Attached Files
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: Muon Icon

It looks pretty cool. It is definitely better looking than the generic DEB package icon.
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Nice. Downloaded and am using it for Muon.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you Is it just me or is kde-look.org look odd? - edit; never mind here's the reason

What do you think? does it look too much like the K & gear icon? I haven't decided yet if I like that or not :S

Made another for the icon set I use .. KaWoken.

.svgz here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6800506/muon...3_kawoken.svgz

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6800506/muon...en.svgz.tar.gz
        /jonas

Edit; kde-look is trying to drive me insane ... how do I do to remove a link to a icon?
        Attached Files
        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
          Thank you Is it just me or is kde-look.org look odd? - edit; never mind here's the reason
          The database corruption is likely related, but the actual reason for the strange look seems to be that static.kde-look.org (that should be serving the css-styles and some of the images) doesn't seem to be doing it's job.

What do you think? does it look too much like the K & gear icon? I haven't decided yet if I like that or not :S
          Very nice work. I'd reduce the number of elements to simplify it a bit, though (you could drop the gear or the "1"...the greek letter 'mu' is also the symbol for muon, so I for one got the icon associated with "muon-one" rather than "mu-one").

Nicely done, nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
            Originally posted by Jonas
            The database corruption is likely related, but the actual reason for the strange look seems to be that static.kde-look.org (that should be serving the css-styles and some of the images) doesn't seem to be doing it's job.

Very nice work. I'd reduce the number of elements to simplify it a bit, though (you could drop the gear or the "1"...the greek letter 'mu' is also the symbol for muon, so I for one got the icon associated with "muon-one" rather than "mu-one").

Nicely done, nevertheless.
            Ah good point! I read about the physical Muon, but I didn't realise that (too obvious now *doh*) the greek letter was it's symbol .. I read μ as [mŷː] thus no "on".. hmm back to the drawing board

Comment

Your links to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/ report:
              This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Encoding error
              Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
              And nothing is rendered.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Nice one Jonas,am also using your icon for muon, FYI works and looks great in "docky" so thanks.
                Kubicle the greek letter "MU" is used by "mutorrent", it would have been the ideal icon otherwise, a link to the wikipedia page for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutorrent

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                  Your links to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/ report:
                  This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Encoding error
                  Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
                  And nothing is rendered.
                  indeed, broken again *sigh*.. had some beta issues the last days with nvidia drivers and the new kernel that has been occupying my time(among other things) .. will have a look into it tomorrow morning, upload it somewhere else .. I just hate those "mediafire"/addfire links some use at kde-looks - do U1 have a open folder thing?

Comment

I do have to say that is very nicely done. Haven't had a chance to do anything as such lately.

Comment

very nice.
                      woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
                        I do have to say that is very nicely done. Haven't had a chance to do anything as such lately.
                        Originally posted by woodsmoke
                        very nice.
                        woodsmoke
                        Thank you

updated the link and compressed it in a tar ... think that some sites wont accept .svgz or remake them into some other picture format (other site made the download a .jpg which is raster format - no good)

anyway .. heres the compressed one still on dropbox open folder...

dl.dropbox.com/u/6800506/muon_icon03_kawoken.svgz.tar.gz

Comment

Nice piece of art. keep up.....
                          Professional seo services<br />Pet insurance<br />Cash for gold

Comment

i think the second one looks much better w/o the blue background. very nice work !
                            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thank you - I'm using both - 1 for the package manager element and the other for the software element of Muon. They look nice

Comment

Working...
                              X