This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview

My 11.04 system with a preview of my new Kubuntu Logo.

Attached Files

Re: Preview

very nice if whne done i can recolorize like last time

Comment

Actually I planned on color this time. You wouldn't happen to have the exact RGB colors do you? I've never really trusted the dropper to give an exact color.

Comment

That really is a spectacular wallpaper

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
          Actually I planned on color this time. You wouldn't happen to have the exact RGB colors do you? I've never really trusted the dropper to give an exact color.
          what i usually do is use eye dropped in gimp . select the section the the free hand to and use the colorize option,. that makes the colors darker than normal. then i use the brightness and contrast to get it just right but ill post the colors running clock wise for you

1. 0bb9e0

2 . 0b5290

3 0b165f

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Rather then the colourise option I'd suggest adding a new layer in Gimp, filling it with a colour provided by StarWolf then setting that layer to Overlay.

This way you can set the layer opacity and play around with the Colours>Curves... dialog as well as using the Colourize dialog to get the exact look you want.

Try the different layer modes too... something might give a better result. Grain merge or Hue maybe.

This way you can do alot of experimenting without altering the base image/original layer until you find what you wanted

Comment

I actually do my coloring with another application before moving it into GIMP. One reason is the original art is from Wings3D and GIMP can't handle 3D art as such but oh yes, trust me, I play around with all of those before I get the "look" I like.

Comment

Looking foward to the final results

Comment

Originally posted by StarWolf
                    Originally posted by MoonRise
                    what i usually do is use eye dropped in gimp . select the section the the free hand to and use the colorize option,. that makes the colors darker than normal. then i use the brightness and contrast to get it just right but ill post the colors running clock wise for you

1. 0bb9e0

2 . 0b5290

3 0b165f
                    Thanks! It's looking good!

Comment

Working...
                    X