This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for a Boot theme

Hello, I am running Kubuntu Natty Beta 1 and loving it. My biggest problem is with the Artwork. I really do not like how inconsistent the theming is.

1) The first piece of artwork is the GRUB Background.
    2) Then comes the Plymouth theme.
    3) Then the login screen comes after that.
    4) Finally, the KDE splash screen is last.

My problem is that I have no skills in Krita or the Gimp. I already attempted to make mock ups but I couldn't get anywhere. If I may, I would like to request an entire boot theme. The theme is heavenly inspired from mixing the Plymouth theme with this kdm4 theme:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=123845

It would be nice to change the logo (but not its position) of this KDM4 theme to the one from the Plymouth theme. I like how it's more colorful. Can someone also change the background color of the KDM4 theme to the background color of the Plymouth theme. That will be the base theme for everything else.

1) GRUB2 theme: Use the base theme and remove that box with the available choices. Move the choices lower and center them. Use a larger font.
    2) Plymouth theme:Use the base theme (but keep the white dots) but it right above the white dots display in white: “Preparing your System...”
    3) KDM4 theme: Just change the logo and background color to match the original Plymouth theme.
    4) Splash Screen: Same as the Plymouth but will say instead: “Preparing your Workspace...”

I hope I made myself clear. Thanks, for reading to my request!
Working...
X