• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheese

worked on this for hours still im not sure
    Attached Files

Re: cheese

gona open a can of Kubuntu on um hu........

neet .....I think the bottom righting should be more of a smile shape to beater fit the contour of the can though...............comment from the peanut gallery

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

tried that in many variations but epic failed with this base image
      Attached Files

Comment

"Starwolf is married"

I never noticed that before. When did that happen?

BTW, I can recommend marriage for the first 49 years. After that it's anybody's guess!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

almost ten years ago i was getting i love you messages from India on KDE look before i left so put that on here for insurance

Comment

I've played around with WINGS3d and GIMP doing similar "can" ideas. Never came out quite the way I thought it should. Doing this type of work is trying to say the least.

Comment

Try Xara Extreme. It is in the repository. It is a vector graphics tool. There are examples on the website.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Never heard of that one. I'll take a look.

Comment

Great idea StarWolf!

I decided to challenge myself and had initially thought about using Blender 3D to wrap the logo and text around a cylinder then composite it together in Gimp afterwards. I remembered however that Gimp had a mapping filter in Filters>Map>Map Object and with some trial and error and experimenting I came up with this. Only Gimp was needed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ahhhh, yes, there you go! Knew GIMP would get it. Thanks for the tip as well!

Comment

nice job slush

Comment

Shouldn't there be a slight curve in the Y axis to match the curve at the base of the can?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                          Shouldn't there be a slight curve in the Y axis to match the curve at the base of the can?
                          I think you mean the X axis and, there is. I was not aiming for 100% accuracy however, more of an exercise just to see if it could be done. In the Map Object filter I set the X axis to approx 22 degrees which matched ok to the curve on the body of the can where the crease is at the angle change to the base.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done.
                            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

mmm... optical illusion ... look at with the red lines and it curves correctly, look at it without the red lines and the text seems straighter.

Comment

Working...
                              X