X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blurred pictures

hi guys...
    does anyone know any good software to correct a blurred picture.
    digikam sharpen tool is not that effective..
    asus A52N
    Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
    AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
    windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Re: blurred pictures

I use the gimp. You can do all kinds of things to sharpen your image there. There's "sharpen" under filters > enhance.

The one which you might not think of is to look under "filters > artistic". Try both "photocopy" and "cartoon". Both need to be applied very carefully (or lightly), especially cartoon. Play with the mask radius and you will be amazed at what can be done to the clarity of an image.

You can always create two different layers made using different filters and then control the percentage of each. I sometimes make one layer which I touch up by hand and then put it back on the original to enhance it. That works well to bring up the writing on signs in old photos etc.

Also, don't forget the basics, such as "tools > colour tools > Colour Balance", and of course "brightness-contrast". Sometimes all that is needed is to increase the colour saturation or general contrast a bit.

In the end, don't forget that you can't put in what is not there - unless you draw it. You can only change the perception of the image.

Good luck!

Comment

thanks ole.. nice suggestions..
      will try that out
      i was being bit lazy.. wanted some application for "unblurring".. but it seems i will have to invest some time in it
      asus A52N
      Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
      AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
      windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Comment

I first started doing photography in about 1958 and the biggest lesson that I ever learnt about how to take good pictures was to use a tripod. Sharp pictures look more professional and that's the only way to get it. OTOH, moving the camera around can give some pretty interesting pictures which have value in themselves. Unfortunately, the modern digital cameras invite one to take the easy route. It's hard to resist.

BTW, when darkroom techniques were the only way, there were other technique for sharpening pictures. Of course, more contrast is always an option, and choosing the right paper is important, but there is one way which is spectacular. Making a negative and a positive, and then superimposing them - but slightly offset. Ever so slightly gives a subtle outline or edge to everything. The negative should be quite pale. I'm going to try a version of that in the gimp! I do miss that subtle aroma of vinegar and developer in the air though.

Comment

Working...
        X